Anulom vilom pranayama ways are practised in hatha yoga. It is a breathing exercise, generally it is mentioned that everyone should do pranayama for at least fifteen minutes without fail in a day. This way of pranayama is also termed as alternate nostril breathing technique. This method has three basic steps one is inhalation, then retention and final one is exhalation. This pranayama can be done either by holding your breath or without holding the breath. In this method breathing is practised on one nose alone, which is later on alternated. While practising this pranayama, another nostril is kept closed with the help of fingers. This method is an advanced level of breathing method. Where retention of breath is found, so you need to get learnt it from the proper well known yoga expert.
If you’re suffering from heart problems or hypertension then avoid doing retention of breath, when you give proper training for wild animals like lion, tiger and elephants, they can do the given task properly and efficiently. Likewise our breathing can also be controlled and when trained properly, breath can be under our control. By knowing the methods do not over do this practise, as it can be harmful. The inhalation and exhalation time period must not be increased crossing your limits.
Method of Practising Anulom Vilom Pranayama
- Sit comfortably, preferably padmasana will be best or you can choose vajrasana or siddhasana.
- You can now close right nose by your thumb finger, draw well the air from left nose. You may do it slowly, not in a forceful way, till your lungs are full.
- Next step you may leave the thumb finger from nose, now simply close the left nose by ring finger. Later you can breathe out slowly by your right nose.
- Gently get air by right nose, later you can release by left nostril.
- This is how you should do this pranayama, this is said to be one round .
- In the initial level, you can get started with five rounds, then increase it gradually.
- In one sitting you can do up to 20 rounds.
- You can begin the inhalation by two seconds and then go till 20 seconds or more than that.
- For beginners one sitting in morning and one sitting in the evening is recommended.
- For advanced level people one sitting in the morning, one sitting in afternoon, one sitting in the evening and one sitting on mid night times.
- When you can start doing it well and well verse way, then you can add kumbhaka or breathe retention to the pranayama, initially don’t try it.
- Overall do not increase doing this very fastly, gradually increase the count and sittings.
Health Benefits of Anulom Vilom
- When you routinely do this anulom vilom pranayama, it helps to purify all naadi in human body, thereby making him healthier and strong.
- This pranayama cures the chronic stage of cold, sinus, cataract, rheumatism, gout, reproductory diseases and urinary tract diseases.
- All 3 doshas are regularized and function normally in a right proportion.
- When you start doing this breathing technique, diabetes and hypertension can be completely cured and treated.
- The blockage in arteries are removed on daily practise of this pranayama, so the blood circulation is made evenly to all parts of body, no blockages in the artery walls, thus helping out in prevention from cardiovascular diseases.
- The cholesterol deposition in the artery is cleared up on continuous practise of this breathing technique, so the cholesterol level especially triglycerides and LDL level is lowered and making the heart healthier.
- If you’re suffering from angina, then you should start do this technique, since it cures the condition and makes one healthier without the need of medicine, the only thing you should do is daily practise this breathing exercise and the do moderate exercise. Then you will see the difference, angina gets treated well by this and it is a well proven one in many research studies.
- The negative thought in mind is washed out and positive thinking comes in mind, which builds self confidence in an individual, gives spirit and enthusiasm.
- The artery blockage can be cleared out completely by practising this technique. It was proved several times by swami ramdev
This method of pranayama is best suggested for pregnant ladies, but they should not over strain. That will harm. Everyone gradually increase the sitting and speed. Don’t overdo. That will cause giddiness and fatigue.
I hope this article will definitely be useful to everyone who read it and please pass on the information, let everyone get aware of it and lead a healthy life. You can rate this content by giving your valuable feedback and share it among your friends and family members