I want to enhance your knowledge about the scheme for getting easy Visa in India. On January, 2010, the Indian government introduced a new Visa on arrival scheme. Initially trialled for citizens of five countries, in 2014 it was extended to include 12 countries including South Korea. In 2015, the Indian government renamed this scheme as “E-Tourist Visa”. The scheme now include the name of 161 countries.
In previous years, people have to apply separately for the medical, student and business visa. Now, they can utilize the new Visa on arrival scheme for short duration programs such as medical treatment, yoga courses, casual visits and conferences. Now, we can easily get the Indian Visa.
Note: if your parents or grandparents belong to Pakistan whether they have born in or living in Pakistan, Indian government will not allow you for E-Visa. You have to go through a normal Visa scheme.
Want to know the Procedure for getting an E-Visa?
I had to travel on 6th August, 2017, I had applied online at indianvisaonline website on 1st August, 2017 for E-Visa, and you can apply minimum four days and maximum 120 days before the date of your travel.
- I had entered my travel details and uploaded my photograph with a white background according to the specification mentioned.
- Checked whether my passport is valid for at least six months or not.
- Attached the scanned copy of bio page of the passport showing photograph and details.
- Then, I paid the fee online with my debit card and received two emails.
- The first one acknowledged that my application had been received by them and would be processed when payment was made.
- The Second one acknowledged the receipt of payment and informed that processing would be done within 72 hours and received an Application ID and the ETA.
- Meanwhile, I checked my bank account message, showed that $51.2 has been deducted from your account.
- I presented that copy of ETA at the immigration counter at the airport. Immigration officer stamped my passport with my E-Visa for entry to India.
Note: One should have enough money to spend during his/her stay in India and for the return ticket.
Documents required for E-visa
It all depends on the type of Visa.
- Applying for e- tourist Visa, we have to attach a scanned bio-page of the passport
- Applying for e-Medical Visa, we have to attach a copy of letter from the concerned Indian hospital on its letterhead additional to the scanned bio-page of the passport.
- Applying for e-Business Visa, we have to attach a scanned bio-page of the passport and copy of business card
Want to know Indian Entry Points that accept E-Visas?
There are 24 airports in India from where we can enter Ahmedabad, Gaya, Goa, Amritsar, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum and Varanasi , Bagdogra, Bangalore, Calicut, Chennai, Lucknow, Mangalore ,Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune.
Major concern: Visa Fee
Visa fee depends on the relationship between India and the country of citizenship we have. It is divided into four categories:
- Free for citizens of Citizens of Argentina, Cook Islands, Fiji, Jamaica, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Micronesia, Nauru, Niue Island, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Seychelles, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Tonga, Tuvalu, Uruguay and Vanuatu.
- $75 for the citizens of US, UK, Russia, Ukraine and Mozambique.
- $50 for the citizens of Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Hong Kong, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Jordan, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Myanmar, the Netherlands, New Zealand, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- $25 for the Citizens of Japan, Singapore and Sri Lanka.
Note: Bank charges 2.5% of Visa fee for the transaction.
I was very nervous before applying for E-Visa as I was applying it for the first time. Now, I glad to say that it all worked very easy.You can also check how to apply canada pr visa from india