Spirulina is a type of microalgae that was previously presumed to be a plant owing to the presence of green pigments and its photosynthesis ability but was later moved to the Bacterial Kingdom after a rigorous study of its genetic makeup. Today, Spirulina is consumed in the form of supplements as it is known to be filled with antioxidants and nutrients that are extremely good for the human body and brain. Spirulina gets its name due to the spiral shape it grows into and is cultivated in large quantities to reap the health benefits it is known for. Spirulina capsule is consumed as a health supplement by many people across the globe.
Spirulina is thought to be the best multivitamin tablets in India since it helps fight a lot of health issues, especially malnutrition among pregnant women, young children and lactating mothers. Apart from this, Spirulina is also used to treat other metabolism and heart-related issues such as diabetes, high cholesterol, weight loss, etc.
Spirulina consists of many essential components that are beneficial for the human body. These include calcium, Vitamin B, iron, potassium, niacin, and magnesium. It also contains significant quantities of amino acids (building blocks of proteins). Thus, consuming nutrient-rich Spirulina capsule will benefit anyone and restore the right amount of vitamins and nutrients in their body and aid in the healthy functioning of it.
Are Spirulina supplements beneficial?
Spirulina is considered safe by doctors since it is also a food component apart from having additional beneficial attributes. This is true only when it is grown in safe and appropriate conditions. In case it is cultivated in unsafe conditions, it can become contaminated with harmful bacteria and toxic metals. Owing to its nutrient properties Spirulina is considered the best multivitamin tablets in India as well. Following are the health benefits of consuming Spirulina supplements:
- Lower bad cholesterol levels: Cholesterol is one of the main reasons why people develop heart ailments. Spirulina helps in lowering bad cholesterol such as triglycerides and LDL and raise the levels of HDL or good cholesterol.
- May consist of anti-cancer properties: Studies say that Spirulina has been used to treat precancerous lesions formed inside the mouth and quite a few people who consumed Spirulina have seen their lesions disappearing in due course of time.
- Helps in reducing blood pressure: If Spirulina is consumed in slightly larger quantities it helps to reduce blood pressure, one of the common reasons why people suffer from heart problems, strokes, etc.
- Can be effective against anaemia: One of the main causes of anaemia is low levels of haemoglobin content in the human body. Consuming Spirulina helps to increase the haemoglobin levels and treat anaemia in a safe manner.
- Helps in improving muscle strength: Spirulina can offer multiple exercise benefits, which may include enhanced endurance and improved muscle strength for people who exercise regularly.
- Helps to control blood sugar levels: Studies suggest that Spirulina can help in reducing type-2 diabetes in human beings.
Spirulina does have some health benefits and can be used for treating certain health problems in human beings. However, it is necessary to consult a health physician before consuming Spirulina for better results.