There are some changes that occur in our surroundings which may lead us to stress. When we are stressed out, our bodies react differently and it becomes difficult to adjust in such environment. And then we experience different kinds of emotional, mental, and physical problems. Stress is common in our lives. Over thinking about the problems in life and reacting to them in wrong manner can affect health adversely. It not just has an impact on health but also on feelings and thoughts which will have issues on behaviour as well. Some of the common health problems are heart diseases, diabetes, obesity, and high blood pressure.
As per research, when stress is not controlled on time, it can lead to other issues as well, such as chest pain, attacks, and some other severe issues. Some people cannot handle stress and they tend to incorporate habits such as drugs, tobacco, and alcohol to relieve tensions from life. It is unfortunate that such bad habits will hamper our body and mind to a greater extent. Our human body is excellently made, and when it comes to stress, there are two ways to react. When the stress is related to something positive, it is called as eustress. For instance, you got to know you will be promoted at office, your beloved is going to propose you, and so on. On the other hand, when stress is related to negative, it is termed as distress. For example, stress of exam, stress of any disease, break up pressure, and so on.
Impact of stress on body and mind
Let us check out some of the effects as to how stress affects our body and mind in various ways. Not many people know that stress can lead to behavioural changes as well. Some of them include:
- Few people over more than what is required, while some others don’t eat at all when they are in stress
- Some of them get angry when in stress and can give out harsh outbursts
- There are people who get into wrong habits such as tobacco, alcohol and even drugs. They think these habits can help them come out of the situation, however it is not so.
- Some of them don’t work, don’t sleep, don’t exercise, and get into depression.
There is an impact of stress on our mood too. Some of the instances are:
- Lots of light hearted people become too sad when they are stressed out. They also get into depression which becomes difficult to come out from.
- There is another mood issue which is called as anxiety that comes from stress. It is common which leads people into situations like panic attacks.
- Some people lose focus and motivation. And get restless as well. When such mood issues occur then it becomes difficult to work and do assignments. Some people even cannot speak well and blabber a lot, which shows they are not confident and may disturb a lot of others issues always.
When it comes to the impact of stress on health, the following can be experienced.
- One of the most common problems is headaches. When there is stress, we tend to think and over think, which results in headaches. It is a minor issue which can be cured, however one should not neglect it.
- Some of them suffer from muscle pain or muscle tensions as well. It is not common, only a few of them experience.
- A lot of people experience sleep issues as well, which in turn will develop other problems such as fatigue, no motivation, and so on.
- Some people get hungry when in stress and eat a lot, and then they gain weight eventually. While some of them don’t eat at all, and this leads to becoming weak.
How to treat stress?
Basically, we need to be calm and positive in all terms. Exercising and staying refreshed at all times will help up to stay happy and content. Even in tough or pressurised situations, it is important to think that the phase will go away. However, there are counselling sessions offered by therapists these days, which help a person to come out from the stress at a great deal.